The scandal surrounding a tweet by U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner has Washington buzzing and the politician scrambling to save his reputation. While the details on who sent the tweet from his Twitter account are still unclear at this point, the issue raises red flags for politicians engaging on social media. I was interviewed by Boston Globe Columnist Joanna Weiss, who wrote her column on what politicians should and shouldn’t do with their Twitter accounts.
Connect with me
TagsAEJMC Agenda Setting Audience Blogs Business Campaigns CBS 6 Class CNN corporations Democracy Egypt Election Facebook Fortune 500 Global Google Government iPad iPadJournos Iraq IYLEP Journalism Mobile Newspaper New York Times Non-profit Obama President Protest Reporting research Social Media Social Media Professor Sources Strategy Students Technology Tumblr TV Twitter VCU Washington Post Wikipedia YouTube
- Social Media Institute looking for nonprofit clients
- Open online course “Global Health and Social Media” offered again in fall semester
- Social media campaigns class offered this summer
- Workshop at the Virginia Press Association
- @VCUsocialmedia and #vcuglobalhealth featured in VCU President’s annual report